At the heart of everything that drives us at Chamonix All Year is the motto #welovechamonix. This year we will be commemorating 15 years of that growing love, and through the vision of our fearless co-leader Jo Saw, will be giving back the community in style, with a new Chamonix festival!
Jo and members of the Chamonix All Year crew have teamed up with local event experts, local heroes, trusted vendors and most importantly a spectacular central venue to bring you CHAMFEST – a family fun Chamonix festival which celebrates all the reasons why #welovechamonix.
This summer on 15th, 16th and 17th June join us in Chamonix! For a 3 day Chamonix festival showcasing our mountain lifestyle. There will be live music, comedy, culture, food and drinks connoisseurs and lots of fun for all the family, all celebrating the best of Chamonix Mont Blanc.
Intel from the inside…
When is CHAMFEST? 15th, 16th & 17th June.
CHAMFEST marks the first days of summer and the team has been hard at work to ensure a family-friendly timetable with sociable hours.
The event will be open all day from 10am to 10pm, with the kids’ zone closing a little earlier at 8pm.
Our experience living in Chamonix has taught each of us something different, but there are some common themes. All of these are now part of the CHAMFEST DNA…
- Chamonix is such a beautiful and unique place to live
- Chamonix is an incredible cosmopolitan town
- The people of Chamonix are all passionate about where they live
- It makes the culture of Chamonix unique as different nationalities all living together contribute something special to the town
- We are all conscious of the environmental problems that mountain resorts are facing, and the fact that Chamonix is not immune to these
Chamonix festival zones
The CHAMFEST venue, based at the Domaine des Planards (home of the summer luge), will be divided into zones based on the above strands of DNA!
The zones include a VIP zone, culinary zone, local culture zones, live music, comedy and even an intellectual “table talks” zone to give an added productive meaning to this Chamonix festival. See the list below from the CHAMFEST website.
- Live music & comedy: we’ve got an inspiring line-up of musicians and comedians for your entertainment.
- The Food Village: experience the culinary delights of Chamonix’s cosmopolitan inhabitants.
- Drinks connoisseurs: meet our experts and sample their wines, craft beers and local produce.
- Family zone: fun for the whole family – meet Peppa pig, plus music, dancing, games, crafts and lots more!
- A celebration of the arts: a rare chance to watch some local artists at work and showcasing their talents.
- Table-talks, debates and workshops: get up close and personal to ambassadors of Chamonix with guest-speakers and educational discussions.
- Well-being zone: treat yourself – body and soul with our yoga classes, massage treatments and organic refreshments.
- Adventurers & explorers zone: fun activities, treasure hunts and games for the whole family.
- Artisan’s village: chat to our local artisans at their stall showcasing their products and services.
- & much more.
Plus, CHAMFEST continues to look for a few more sponsors, partners and stalls to add to the exciting 3-day programme. Contact them directly here with your interest.
Charities & environmental impact
At the heart of the Chamonix festival, CHAMFEST will be supporting some local charities as well as having a strong environmental focus. With all corners of Chamonix finally coming together the team aims to educate and inspire everyone to embrace their potential to effect change in the valley.
Whether it’s discussions led by local environmental charities or interactive recycling games and workshops for kids, everyone can get involved at CHAMFEST!
The CHAMFEST website also announces “Throughout the weekend, we’ll be working with AirBeeSeed to encourage people to pick up cigarette butts, reducing pollution of the local environment and contributing to recycling projects that turn this waste into new products.”
Announcing acts to perform
Further announcements are to come this week about some of the acts which have already signed on to join the first ever family festival celebration of Chamonix.
As we at Chamonix All Year share an office (and many team members) with CHAMFEST, we well know the line-up is beyond expectation, but are sworn to secrecy!!! Shhh…
We can say at this early stage that children between the ages of 2 and 5 will have one of their absolute favourite stars present, Peppa Pig live in person in the kids’ zone!
Lastly, we’d like to remind you that you have to turn up to get down, and enjoy both local and international musical talent with the acts we’ve crafted and cut together for you!
This event is part of our business’s 15th birthday celebrations, and Chamonix All Year is so proud to be the main sponsor of CHAMFEST for this exciting first year that we’re cutting prices down to share the joy with you.
It’s a typical case of “it’s our birthday and you get the presents!” – all you have to do is be present!
Look at the accommodations specials and packages here and remember to send your interest over email for a personal approach.
Early bird tickets
Get in there early and support us on Kickstarter. You’ll get discounted tickets as well as the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you are helping us to make the first year of CHAMFEST a success!
The special offer via Kickstarter is only available for a limited period, so pledge now to benefit.
You can read on there how Kickstarter works too, so please have a look and forward the link on to everyone you know and you think might want to help too.
Join the fun at CHAMFEST
If you haven’t saved the dates yet get onto Facebook and let them send you the reminders you need, join the event here.
And remember, Chamonix deserves a CHAMFEST, and so do you!