Make the most of your summer lift pass
In summer, there is one main lift pass on offer which gives unlimited access to the summer lift network in the Chamonix valley. As well as including the famous sight-seeing attractions – the Aiguille du Midi and Montenvers train – the lift pass also gives access to many of the other activities on offer in Chamonix in the summer. Whatever you’re looking for, there’s something for everyone – hiking, mountain biking and mountaineering, or just enjoying the views!
You can choose to buy your passes for consecutive or non-consecutive days for maximum flexibility. If you already know you want to make the most of your stay and get up the mountain every day then we recommend the consecutive day options. However if you have other activities in mind too then you might prefer to choose the non-consecutive day pass – the benefit of this is also that you can pick the sunniest days to take the lifts up to the top.
- Aiguille du Midi – Europe’s highest cable car takes you up to viewing platforms, with panoramic views of the Mont Blanc range and the NEW “Step Into The Void” (read about the Resort Team’s experience)
- Montenvers train & Mer de Glace – Learn about how glaciers form and visit the ice cave carved in to “Sea of Ice”
- Tramway du Mont-Blanc – A spectacular journey from the neighbouring town of St-Gervais-Les-Bains to Les Houches and the starting point for Mont Blanc ascents
Enjoy Chamonix’s many well-maintained walking and hiking trails with your Mont Blanc Multipass – take the lifts up to save your lungs, or back down to save your knees!
- Balme-Tour-Vallorcine – get up to Le Tour to enjoy walking in the nature reserves at the top of the valley
- Brevent-Flegere – there are heaps of great walks up here, close to Chamonix town centre, and with great views of Mont Blanc and Aiguille du Midi on the opposite side of the valley – don’t miss the spectacular Lac Blanc (pictured above)
- Grands Montets – enjoy a rewarding walk to view the Argentière glacier
- Les Houches – take the lift or Tramway du Mont Blanc to take in the gentle hikes among the beautiful meadows
- Bossons chairlift – Get up close to Les Bossons glacier, ideal for families with just a short walk to the glacier
- Glacier hikes – conquer the frozen seas of the high mountains by booking one of our glacier hikes. Beginners can learn new techniques on our glacier discovery hike at the top of the Montenvers train, while if you already have some experience then you can cross the famous Vallée Blanche, starting from the Aiguille du Midi.
Your lift pass also includes Chamonix’s two dedicated summer mountain biking areas, at Le Tour and in Les Houches:
- Les Houches opened a new mountain biking track in Summer 2013, from the top of the Prarion gondola, starting from 1850m and descending back to Belleface at 1180m before returning to the gondola by road. At various points, you can also choose to take a more advanced route so there’s lots to keep you interested.
- Le Tour is also one of Chamonix’s main mountain biking destinations, offering long trails suitable for varying abilities.
Read more about mountain biking in Chamonix and booking a guide to explore the valley’s cross-country or downhill trails.
Parapenting – You can also enjoy an unforgettable parapente flight from any of the summer lift areas with our qualified instructor – fly from the top of the Planpraz bubble lift on our most popular flight or soar like an eagle from the top of the Aiguille du Midi cable car.
Rock climbing – keen rock-climbers, book a tailored trip with a guide to explore some of Chamonix’s famous routes, starting high in the mountains via lift access.
Minimise the hassle and maximise your holiday time with our lift pass pre-booking service.
- We deliver your passes to you on arrival – at no extra cost
- Skip the queues at the ticket office
- Book and pay easily and securely on our Chamonix Resort Shop: