Make the most of your family ski holiday
Chamonix is a fabulous location for a ski holiday with kids, but it can be a daunting task to get everything organised. Our Resort Team are on hand to help you plan all aspects of your holiday, to minimise your stress and maximise your time enjoying the slopes.
You can book all key aspects of your holiday before you arrive, from ski school to childcare and lift passes for all the family. Visit our Chamonix Resort Shop to book and pay securely online and we’ll bring everything along when you arrive.
- Ski lessons: It is essential to pre-book ski school, especially if you’re going to be travelling in school holidays (Christmas, New Year, February / March holidays). Check out our kids’ ski school guide or get in touch with the Resort Team who will be able to recommend the best lessons to suit your location, child’s ability and own skiing requirements. If your children have attended ski school before, check their level and let us know so that we can book them into the right group for them.
- Lift passes: skip the queues and we’ll deliver your lift passes on arrival, along with all the information about the lessons you’ve booked. Even better, families get great savings on lift passes – pay for 2 adults and 1 child and other kids go free (see our lift pass guide for more information and terms).
- Discounted ski hire: Another thing that we can help you to book in advance! Benefit from our exclusive ski hire discounts for guests and pre-book your ski hire online with 15% discount. The Resort Team will place the order with our closest partner to your accommodation and bring your voucher on arrival so that all you need to do is go and collect your equipment when you arrive. If we don’t have a partner shop nearby, we’ll arrange for your kit to be delivered, at no extra charge, so no need to hike across town with your equipment and kids in tow.
- Childcare: do you want a nanny to look after the kids when they’re not in ski school? Or just an evening off to explore Chamonix’s bars or restaurants? We work with flexible and reliable childcare services depending on your needs.
- Activities: Chamonix also has a great range of activities which are perfect for families looking to experience more than skiing on their holiday. Husky rides are always a favourite, or take the historic Montenvers train to the Mer de Glace glacier – included on the Mont Blanc Unlimited lift pass.
- Lighten your load: When you book Chamonix All Year accommodation, you can add high chairs and travel cots (including cot linen) onto your booking, which will be waiting for you in the accommodation on arrival. That way you have less to pack!
- Packages: for maximum ease, book one of our winter package holidays. You’ll make the most of your family’s quality time together in Chamonix, and we’ll organise everything so that you can get the kids on the slopes. Our family packages include everything you need from airport transfers, family ski passes and ski hire to fun activities the whole family will enjoy such as the winter luge or a magical husky dog ride!
Getting to Chamonix
Pre-book your door-to-door airport transfers with our friendly transport team. They know Chamonix well and are familiar driving in winter conditions, so the whole experience will be stress-free and you won’t have to worry about finding your accommodation. If you’re travelling with kids, we’ll provide an appropriate child or baby seat, and we won’t charge extra for prams or other large baggage.
- Pick up any forgotten items of kit in one Chamonix’s many sports shops. Helly Hansen offer an exclusive 30% discount to Chamonix All Year guests, so picking up last-minute gear won’t break the bank on the first day. Just present the voucher that we’ll give you when you arrive.
- Chamonix also has lots of family-friendly restaurants to choose from, so check out our online guides or ask the Resort Team for their recommendations when they meet you.
- Check out our winter events calendar and find out what’s on while you’re in Chamonix, there’s always something for the kids to enjoy, from ice hockey matches to torchlit ski descents of the slopes.
Chamonix’s different ski areas are spread along the length of the valley, so for full peace of mind, book our in-resort transport to shuttle the kids to ski lessons or adults to the slopes. As an alternative, Chamonix’s local buses are free with your lift pass, and we’ll point out your closest bus stop when we meet you on arrival.
A family ski holiday is a lifelong memory in the making. Relax and enjoy the mountains together, while the strains of the daily humdrum melt away!
Booking and payment for your ski holidays essentials
Book everything you need online now on our Chamonix Resort Shop and pay securely through our booking system.