Chamonix ski area improvements for Winter 2015-6
Ski passes in Chamonix are even better value this year thanks to a whole host of improvements and new developments ready for the winter.
New ski area added
The Mont Blanc Unlimited pass already covers skiing in 3 countries – France, Italy (Courmayeur) and Switzerland (Verbier) – and this winter a whole new ski area will be added. The Evasion Mont Blanc area covers the resorts of Megève, St Gervais, Les Contamines and more, and is located just 30 minutes from Chamonix. Make the most of your pass and take a day trip to Megève with the Chamonix All Year minibus, or ski for the day in St Gervais to experience the famous Folie Douce on-slope après-ski.
Improvements to existing ski areas on Chamonix Le Pass
- Finishing touches are being put to a new beginner ski area at Brévent ready for this winter – make the most of your ski pass even with small kids, who can now learn to ski on this new nursery area.
- A brand new snow park will be constructed at Le Tour for you to try out some tricks, as well as an improved and expanded border cross at Les Grands Montets.
Mont Blanc Unlimited – more upgrades
- Montenvers hotel will have new management from the winter season and will be offering a new, luxurious dining experience to enjoy after you’ve taken in the views of the Mer de Glace
- Parts of Les Houches can be a pain to ski (and especially snowboard) due to access being limited via drag lifts, however renovation works will replace one of these sections with a new chairlift for the winter.
- As well as the existing unlimited access to Courmayeur, the brand new 360 degree rotating cable car, Funivie Monte Bianco is also included in the winter MBU.
Thanks to these improvements, the Mont Blanc Unlimited remains our recommendation for the best Chamonix ski pass, as it also includes Courmayeur (Italy), Verbier (Switzerland), Aiguille du Midi, Montenvers train and Les Houches, as well as the three ski areas of Chamonix le Pass – Brévent-Flégère, Grands Montets and Le Tour.
Pre-order your passes
Our Resort Team are on hand in Chamonix to help organise every part of your stay, so make your first day even easier and skip the queues with our free ski pass delivery service. Just pre-book your pass online, where you can pay securely, and our team will deliver them to you on arrival ready to use.
Find out more
See our guide to the different ski passes and our blog post about picking the best lift pass for you, or ask the Resort Team if you have any questions. Look out for our special offers too – we’ll be announcing details in the coming weeks to make sure our guests get the best price.