We know that choosing the right ski pass for your holiday can seem complicated with the different options on offer, so our Reservations Team has broken it down to the essentials for you. There’s more information on our Winter lift pass page.
What are the choices?
There are 3 main choices for your Chamonix lift pass: Mont Blanc Unlimited, Chamonix Le Pass and Les Houches local pass. Our recommendation is the Mont Blanc Unlimited as it gives you access to all of Chamonix valley’s ski areas, plus skiing in Switzerland and Italy, read on for the breakdown of what each pass includes.
Mont Blanc Unlimited (MBU)
We highly recommend the Mont Blanc Unlimited which gives you access to all of the ski areas of Chamonix and skiing in 3 countries*:
- Aiguille du Midi & Montenvers Train – Famous tourist attractions in Chamonix as well as the starting and finishing point of the famous Vallée Blanche glacier ski run
- Les Houches ski area in Chamonix valley for some lovely tree-lined runs and the world-famous Kandahar black piste
- Megève in the Evasion Mont Blanc ski area (*from 3 day passes) offers ideal family skiing as well as being a lovely day out for non-skiers
- Courmayeur in Italy is only on the other side of the Mont Blanc Tunnel and offers great, fun skiing as well as the best on-piste food around!
- Verbier in Switzerland (*discounted with 6+ day passes) suits all levels of skiers and is also a premium destination for the glitterati
- Top of Les Grands Montets cable car – for some amazing skiing
- Plus all the skiing included in Chamonix Le Pass – Brévent-Flégère, Le Tour & Vallorcine and Les Grands Montets
Chamonix Le Pass (CLP)
This local area lift pass includes the main ski areas in Chamonix plus beginners’ ski areas, so it’s a great option when you’re still finding your ski legs.
- Brévent-Flégère – these linked ski areas are accessible from Chamonix town centre and Les Praz village. They offer the largest number of pistes of the ski areas in Chamonix valley – 5 blacks, 9 reds, 13 blues and 6 greens.
- Les Grands Montets – Chamonix’s most challenging ski area is home to 6 black pistes , 4 reds, 5 blues and 1 green, but it is most famous for it’s off-piste terrain. To access the top list at 3300m you’ll need the Mont Blanc Unlimited pass however, or buy a ticket there on the day.
- Le Tour & Vallorcine (Domaine de Balme) – at the top of the Chamonix valley, the pistes here give fabulous views back down towards Les Houches and are great for every level, offering 1 black run, 7 reds, 11 blues and the valley’s largest nursery slopes at La Vormaine.
- Beginner ski areas – Le Savoy & Les Planards in Chamonix, Les Chosalets in Argentière and La Vormaine in le Tour
Les Houches pass
The lovely ski area of Les Houches offers spectacular 360° views of the Mont Blanc massif from the top of the Prarion and Bellevue lifts. It is a great location for building confidence and advanced skiers will definitely want to try the black Kandahar run!
There are 2 black pistes, 12 reds, 16 blues and 4 greens to enjoy, but bear in mind that with Les Houches lift pass you can only access the slopes of Les Houches, so intermediate skiers and above who are staying in the town will want to consider the Mont Blanc Unlimited which includes Les Houches as well as all of Chamonix’s other ski areas.
Family lift passes
Families can benefit from great savings on lift passes – pay for 2 adults and 2 children and all other children go free*. This option is available to book along with all other lift passes on our Chamonix Resort Shop; just select the number of days and how many children you’re travelling with to receive your family discount.
(*Just pay 3€ per person for hands-free lift pass, up to 3 extra children.)
Book your passes with Chamonix All Year
Once you’ve made your choice, book online for a totally hassle-free option:
- We deliver your passes to you on arrival – at no extra cost
- Skip the queues at the ticket office
- Book and pay easily and securely on our Chamonix Resort Shop