Chalet des Souchettes
Booking & Availability
Our prices are in British pounds (GBP), but we can take payment in Euros (EUR) too via bank transfer or credit / debit card. Please contact us for the euro amount for your booking and details on how to pay.
About your accommodation
This Chamonix chalet has 5 bedrooms and sleeps 8-10 people. The large open plan living area has a sociable kitchen, a cosy sitting area with wood burning stove and a dining table to comfortably seat 8.
Windows around the chalet give glimpses of the majestic mountains beyond: the view of the Aiguille du Midi from the kitchen window will distract you from what you needed from the fridge, and the view from the porch up the length of the valley to Le Tour will get you excited as you pull on your hiking boots.
Chalet des Souchettes enjoys several interesting spaces for you to explore, including a master king bedroom in the eaves, with its own staircase access and ensuite bathroom. Additionally, the lower ground floor has a great teens' bunk room with built-in, quad bunk beds, and an adjacent snug with teepee and bean bag. All this is accessed via a clever ladder staircase (see photos), best suited to older kids and agile adults. Less mobile family members can comfortably use the bedrooms on the ground floor or the master bedroom.
As well as the master bedroom on the top floor and the bunk room downstairs, there is a double bedroom on the lower ground floor with an ensuite bathroom. The ground floor of Chalet des Souchettes has a kids' twin room and a king size bedroom too, with a separate bathroom adjacent.
The terrace of this Chamonix chalet faces south-west and so catches the best of the afternoon and evening sun in the summer. Gather together for an apéro and chat about your day's adventures as the sun makes its way behind the Aiguillette des Houches. You can also enjoy the hot tub on the terrace.
Please note there is an additional 100 GBP charge per person for groups larger than 8 people.
- Sleeps 8-10 people
- Master bedroom with king size bed
- Master ensuite bathroom with Italian shower, WC & his'n'hers sinks
- Ground floor bedroom with built-in wardrobe and king size bed
- Kids twin bedroom with built-in wardrobe, opens onto terrace
- Ground floor bedrooms share the family bathroom with WC & corner bath
- Lower ground floor double bedroom with ensuite Italian shower & WC
- Separate WC on lower ground floor
- Lower ground floor with built-in quad bunk beds
- South-west facing terrace with hot tub
- Open plan living area with wood burning stove
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with oven, microwave, dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine & tumble dryer
- Separate ski & boot room with direct entrance
- Outdoor parking for 2-3 cars (2 in winter, 3 in summer)
If you don't see something here you need for your holiday contact our Resort Team to see if it's listed on our property inventory or if we can rent one for you.
Location & Map
Chalet des Souchettes is located down a quiet residential lane, and Chamonix itself is a brisk 15-minute walk away, though you may prefer to use a car for ease of access throughout the valley. The chalet is in a popular residential area, with some multi-storey apartment blocks close by. Les Pèlerins area also has its own small shopping centre only 600m away, with a great bakery for your morning croissants and small Marché U supermarket. A larger Carrefour supermarket is located at the entrance to Chamonix 5 minutes' drive away. Chamonix's main bus station at Chamonix Sud is 1km away at the end of the main road Route des Pèlerins.
Good to know
Normal check-in time is from 5pm to 9pm.
Normal check-out time is by 10am.
Flexible check-in / check-out times
If these times don’t suit your holiday arrangements, you can book our flexible early check-in / late check-out service (subject to availability). This must be booked with us in advance, and may be subject to a fee of €25 for apartments and €50 for chalets so that we can prepare the property in time.
Late check-in after hours
Check-in is possible until midnight, but please try to arrive before 9pm. For those arriving after 9pm there is a 30€ late check-in fee, which must be paid on arrival at your Chamonix Accommodation.
Travel cots & high chairs / booster seats can be hired through us for £35 to include cot mattress, bed linen and a towel. You can add this to your booking at the time of booking.
Dogs are welcome at this property but permission must be obtained in advance and a charge will be applied at time of booking. The additional fee is £30. Unfortunately cats are not allowed at this chalet.
- One set of bed linen and towels is provided at your accommodation for your stay.
- If you are staying for 2 weeks or more you will have a mid-stay linen change. Mid-stay cleaning can also be added at an extra charge - speak to the Resort Team or book on our Resort Shop.
- Tourist guest cards will be given to you on arrival to give you free travel on the local train and buses and more.
- End of stay cleaning is included at your accommodation, but we do expect you to follow our check out instructions on departure. If you prefer you can book an additional cleaning service.
If you can’t see what you need to know please see our FAQ section for lots of other useful information, or email us with your specific questions.
Chamonix All Year Resort ShopOrder everything you need for your Chamonix holiday now via our Chamonix Resort Shop:
- Geneva Airport transfers
- Chamonix lift passes
- Activities and guides
- In-resort transport
- Day trips
- Additional housekeeping or private chefs at this accommodation
Additional Accommodation Details
Lower ground floor: this area is accessed via a steep ladder staircase. There is a secondary exterior access via the boot room if needed.
Quad bunk room: the quad bunk room on the lower ground floor does not have any windows.
Please note the street to access the chalet can be snowy and icy in the winter, so it is strongly advised that you have a good 4x4 car with winter tyres and you may also need to use snow chains too.