Chalet de l’Ours
Booking & Availability
About your accommodation
Chalet de l'Ours is a newly renovated, 5 bedroom, luxury Chamonix property sleeping 6-10 people, available to rent and ideal for families looking for a Chamonix base. Featuring 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, the chalet is located in a quiet area of Chamonix, but also just 10 minutes' walk into the centre. The chalet has a lovely open plan living room with American-style kitchen, dining area and lounge with feature fireplace, as well as a door leading onto the large (58 sqm) sunny terrace facing Mont Blanc. Chalet de l'Ours has underfloor heating throughout, and there is also a large garden, ski storage and plenty of parking including a covered space for one car. There is a washing machine and tumble dryer in this luxury Chamonix property, as well as wifi internet and Nespresso coffee machine too.
- 126 sqm, sleeps 10 people
- 1 king bedroom
- 1 bedroom which can be twin or king
- 3 twin bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms (1 with bath and 1 with a toilet)
- 2 additional WC
- Lounge with feature fireplace
- TV with some English channels
- Wifi internet
- Mezzanine TV & games snug with Playstation
- Dining area with large sunny terrace
- Large garden and BBQ
- American kitchen with dishwasher, Nespresso machine
- Washing machine and dryer
- Parking garage and car port
If you don't see something here you need for your holiday contact our Resort Team to see if it's listed on our property inventory or if we can rent one for you.
Location & Map
Address: 160 Chemin de l'Ours, 74400 Chamonix
Chalet de l'Ours is well located for access to all the Chamonix valley, as well as being just an easy 10 minute walk into the centre of Chamonix itself for shops, restaurants and bars. The luxury Chamonix property is located in a quiet lane too and benefits from a large garden ideal for families. At the end of the lane, there is a bus stop outside the hospital, or a 5-7 minute walk to the end of the main road brings you to the main bus station for access throughout the Chamonix valley.
We can take payment in Euros via bank transfer or credit / debit card. Please contact us for details on how to pay. (Euro prices below are approximate and for information purposes - we will confirm the euro amount to pay when we provide payment details.)
|Dates||Price for 7 nights|| Approx price in |
|10 Mar - 6 Apr 2018||3968 GBP||4523 EUR|
|7 Apr - 4 May 2018||2639 GBP||3008 EUR|
|5 May - 15 Jun 2018||1915 GBP||2182 EUR|
|16 Jun - 13 Jul 2018||2116 GBP||2412 EUR|
|14 Jul - 24 Aug 2018||2513 GBP||2864 EUR|
|25 Aug - 7 Sep 2018||3174 GBP||3618 EUR|
|8 Sep - 28 Sep 2018||2116 GBP||2412 EUR|
|29 Sep - 7 Dec 2018||1915 GBP||2182 EUR|
|8 Dec - 21 Dec 2018||3174 GBP||3618 EUR|
|22 Dec - 28 Dec 2018||4284 GBP||4883 EUR|
|29 Dec 2018 - 4 Jan 2019||6664 GBP||7596 EUR|
|5 Jan - 1 Feb 2019||3214 GBP||3663 EUR|
|2 Feb - 8 Feb 2019||3393 GBP||3867 EUR|
|9 Feb - 8 Mar 2019||5072 GBP||5781 EUR|
|9 Mar - 5 Apr 2019||3968 GBP||4523 EUR|
|6 Apr - 3 May 2019||2639 GBP||3008 EUR|
|4 May - 14 Jun 2019||1915 GBP||2182 EUR|
|15 Jun - 12 Jul 2019||2116 GBP||2412 EUR|
|13 Jul - 23 Aug 2019||2513 GBP||2864 EUR|
|24 Aug - 6 Sep 2019||3174 GBP||3618 EUR|
|7 Sep - 27 Sep 2019||2116 GBP||2412 EUR|
|28 Sep - 6 Dec 2019||1915 GBP||2182 EUR|
|7 Dec - 20 Dec 2019||3174 GBP||3618 EUR|
|21 Dec - 27 Dec 2019||4284 GBP||4883 EUR|
|28 Dec 2019 - 3 Jan 2020||6664 GBP||7596 EUR|
Good to know
Normal check-in time is from 5pm to 9pm.
Normal check-out time is by 10am.
Flexible check-in / check-out times
If these times don’t suit your holiday arrangements, you can book our flexible early check-in / late check-out service (subject to availability). This must be booked with us in advance, and may be subject to a fee of €25 for apartments and €50 for chalets so that we can prepare the property in time.
Late check-in after hours
Check-in is possible until midnight, but please try to arrive before 9pm. For those arriving after 9pm there is a 30€ late check-in fee, which must be paid on arrival at your Chamonix Accommodation.
Travel cots & high chairs / booster seats can be hired through us for £35 to include cot mattress, bed linen and a towel. You can add this to your booking at the time of booking.
Pets are allowed at this property (Pet fee does apply)
Bikes can be stored in the lockable garage
Bikes can be stored in the lockable garage
- One set of bed linen and towels is provided at your accommodation for your stay.
- If you are staying for 2 weeks or more you will have a mid-stay linen change. Mid-stay cleaning can also be added at an extra charge - speak to the Resort Team or book on our Resort Shop.
- Tourist guest cards will be given to you on arrival to give you free travel on the local train and buses and more.
- End of stay cleaning is included at your accommodation, but we do expect you to follow our check out instructions on departure. If you prefer you can book an additional cleaning service.
If you can’t see what you need to know please see our FAQ section for lots of other useful information, or email us with your specific questions.
Chamonix All Year Resort ShopOrder everything you need for your Chamonix holiday now via our Chamonix Resort Shop:
- Geneva Airport transfers
- Chamonix lift passes
- Activities and guides
- In-resort transport
- Day trips
- Additional housekeeping or private chefs at this accommodation
Additional Accommodation Details
Logs for the fire are provided outside the chalet for your use, although if they run out you may need to buy your own from the nearest supermarket.
- Entrance hall leading with heated ski and boot storage
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Utility room with washing machine and dryer
- Separate WC
- Underfloor heating
- Large open-plan living room with feature fireplace, and doors out to balcony
- Dining table for 8 to 10 people with access onto sunny 58 sqm terrace
- American kitchen with dishwasher and Nespresso machine
- Pre-order your Nespresso capsules online
- Flatscreen TV with some English channels
- King bedroom and communal shower room
- Underfloor heating
- Restricted head height throughout, max head height 1.8m
- Bedroom area with 2 single beds
- TV snug / games area with flatscreen TV, Playstation and DVD player (ideal for kids)
Terrace & exterior
- Large sunny terrace with excellent views of Mont Blanc
- Outdoor seating for 8 (summer only)
- Parking including covered parking for one car